FFAC is offering a unique opportunity for an intern passionate about food access issues and social justice to participate in a hands-on project that will result in providing fresh, healthy, plant-based lunches for 65 low-income students. This is a special opportunity to take the lead on a project and see it through from start to finish.
- Researching funding sources and donation sources
- Holding informational interviews with other organizations doing similar work
- Assessing the needs of the school
- Devising a funding and implementation plan
The internship is unpaid, but we would be happy to work with a school to provide course credits for the internship. The project will take place over the course of the semester, so weekly time commitment is flexible. Likely 5-10 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a basic understanding of local food systems, food insecurity, and food recovery
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and innovative, thinking outside the box.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and a cover letter stating:
- Why you are passionate about food justice
- Experience with or knowledge of food systems
- Leadership experience, especially related to project management
- Writing sample (can be previous writing on any topic, 1 page)